Thursday, July 14, 2011

Baby, I'm howlin' for you.... oooh, this is awkward. I wanted a dog, not you..


As I've been continuing down my life path on my own, it feels more and more like I'm just being attacked by the village idiots. I know I said the previous post that I would try to look the other way, but I think even Keyta would have agreed that the annoyance towards stupid people runs so deep that they're eating authentic Chinese food.

While I walk down the street, now struggling to make it up the hills, I feel like a woman near her "change of life" does towards babies. Except with dogs. When I see other people walking their dog, I just want to grab it, run and call it my own. So that's how I was a bit distracted and found myself in an unwanted "Situation." Yes, as in the Jersey Shore man.

As I was walking, I noticed a person walking a dog across the street. I stared longingly in her direction, eyes focused solely on the dog, hoping it run across the street and jump into my arms. Well, I did attract a dog...of the male human form. I suppose the dude that was walking behind the dog must have thought I was staring at him because he walked across the street and cut right in front of me. And took his freaking shirt off. And began flexing his muscles for crying out loud. I suppose this would have worked if I were a chimpanzee. However, I usually don't just take my pants off and have at it after seeing such a spectacle of male bravado. He would have to have a good personality and at least be able to answer some of the questions on "Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader." I feel like young Schwarzenegger sensed my hesitation, so he took a step aside and let me pass him. I thought I had left him in my dust, but then I felt a presence and heard a mumbling behind me. Note, I had my "don't talk to me" headphones on and was NOT doing the "fist pump" mating dance. I glanced behind me and saw I had not lost the Jersey Shore wannabe. I'm not sure if he wanted to talk about his shirt that he recently purchased at Baby Gap or if he needed directions to the Monongahela Shore, but I didn't really care. If he could make a spectacle of taking his shirt off, I could put on a great show of taking out my ipod and turning up the volume full blast. And when the song says "Baby, I'm howlin' for you," I'm thinking of an actual dog, not a meathead with a six pack, thank you very much.


No comments:

Post a Comment