Thursday, June 21, 2012

Give me all the bacon ice cream you have


It was a magical day. Not only was it the first official day of summer and recess day (which my new workplace celebrates... can we say awesomesauce?), but I also discovered a true gift from God. It completely makes up for that lame list of ten rules we're supposed to follow. 

So after a long, hard day of work that involved 2 hours of playtime, I just really wanted ice cream... then completely spaced out on the way home and got into the wrong lane, which unfortunately went in the complete opposite direction of the ice cream stand. Then, as if it were a sign sent from the heavens above, I got stuck in traffic, but was able to make an illegal u-turn and head in a different direction... which, just happened to lead me directly to a bountiful land filled with ice cream and tacos and beer. Today, I just opted for the ice cream and thank the good, good Lord I did. I've been curious about this little homemade ice cream stand for awhile (Antneys, hey, this is a pretty good endorsement for them... because so many people read this). There should have been a beam of light hitting the stand with choirs of angels singing its praises for what I saw on the menu- Salted Caramel Bacon ice cream. I feel like my enthusiasm overwhelmed the cherubim at the window, but she graciously gave me a sample of the heavenly indulgence and basically this is what happened....


And that scared her even more. But I did end up ordering a cone and I only had to pay for a small considering that their version of a small cone is two scoops of ice cream. I heard the song so many times at the hell hole, but I finally understand. Heaven is a place on earth. 

1 comment:

  1. I love this place. They do have the best ice cream in the city. Antney rotates his flavors daily, which makes it more interesting. Keep up he good work Irish and locating this wonderful place.

    ReplyDelete