Wednesday, December 22, 2010

The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog... and got made into a leather jacket?

This conversation occurs between the minutes of 11:35 pm and 11:50 pm on the evening of the retail nightmare before Christmas...

Customer: I need some help.
Fearless retail associate: What can I do?
Customer: Can you call Monroeville? I really need this jacket- the safety of the country depends on it...

Beep (boom) Beep (boom) Beep (boom)... the seconds count down on the clock
(Break for commercials cause boring stuff happens here)

Beep (boom) Beep (boom) Beep (boom)

Fearless retail associate: Hi, I have a customer here looking for a faux (pronounced like "foe") leather jacket...
Customer: No! No! It's FOX it's made of foxes...

The fearless retail associate prays for the countdown clock to appear and signal another commercial break, but, alas, this is not the world of 24 (yes, I started watching another tv show). As with all awkward and annoying situations, I pray for a commercial break or a flashback or a bus to come out of nowhere and run this lady down. But, no, I am stuck staring at the customer blankly because it was almost midnight and I gave up fighting or even trying to come up with a comeback. And lord knows I don't want to teach her the error of her ways... mostly because there are just so many. One. Faux= fake, imitation. Which I actually would prefer the "pleather" and not go around sporting a dead cow. Two- leather out of a fox? Don't they have fur? And are kind of small to make a $60 coat out of? Who is this woman? Did Cruella DeVille who took a wrong turn and ended up starring The Fox and the Hound instead? The poor woman did not get her jacket. Even though she could have, but she lost patience and wandered away. Maybe she saw something shiny.

No comments:

Post a Comment