Thursday, June 23, 2011

Keep calm and put your bitchface on


Hip hip hooray! I have health insurance now. However, the one ailment that I suffer from that actually is an apparent hinderance to my job performance is the one that cannot be cured by a doctor. I have what is commonly referred to as "bitchface." The symptoms are somewhat angular facial features, a snarl, one raised eyebrow and glares that could kill. The only known cure is getting out of the hell hole.

Today, I was in a somewhat decent mood for once. I've been sleeping about 14 hours a day and I actually had caffeine to try to counteract this overdose on sleep so I was pretty hyper and not at all my usual disgruntled self. Until I discovered that a customer decided to complain about me because I was talking to another associate and gave her a "dirty look." Really? What are you, like 12? I didn't realize that MC Nickels is actually a playground at recess. I can't stand immature women.

Now, I could see if the "talking" consisted of a string of dirty jokes and me dropping the f bomb like it was "Little Boy" on Hiroshima, but I was talking to another customer in my high pitched, nice little innocent girl voice. And the only time I turned around was when the other associate told me she accidentally ripped the hold tag I had on a few items. I didn't even see this customer until after she told the other associate to call the manager on duty. I even tried to help her out when the manager was taking awhile and I told the associate to call again. Luckily, the manager to respond was my little dancing Polish lady (yup, she got promoted), who I'm sure rolled her eyes and called the customer a bitch as soon as she walked away. And there were no repercussions for me. So there. Nana nana boo boo, stick your head in doo doo.

2 comments:

  1. I too suffer from chronic bitchface. Apparently when relaxing my face, I look like a fat kid who just had their cake stolen. http://blog.krisatomic.com/?p=1617 makes me laugh as well. And SCREW childish women. I work in a pretty dramatic world too, it gets REALLY old.

    ReplyDelete