Tuesday, September 27, 2011

No Coupons for You!


So the evil overlords of MC Nickels decided to take all coupons away from the customers. It was easy for them. Like taking candy from a baby. Rosemary's Baby, maybe.

A new group of associates, who I will lovingly refer to as "the strangelings" (draw your own conclusions), recently arrived at the gates of hell. Thanks to them, I don't have to be on the register as often. Unfortunately, when I do end up thrust into the middle of the the coupon hungry demon swarm, I have even less patience than before.

Thanks to The Princess Diaries, I learned that Eleanor Roosevelt said "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." I usually take advice from Julie Andrews movies so I often dress in drag to get jobs and am eagerly awaiting adult onset diabetes due to the many spoonfuls of sugar. However, I feel like this is actually something to live by- especially when you work in retail. Unfortunately for customers, I am not so gracious to just let it go- I feel the need to snap back and let them know I am not the subhuman life form they believe me to be.

I will let people complain about the new coupon policy once, then tell them there's simply nothing I can do about it. If they press the issue, I'm not so nice the second go around. Then, the third time's a charm- they win the grand prize of a heaping dose of sarcasm. My newest and favorite response is that I will tell the CEOs at the next MC Nickels convention in Texas. The sad thing is, they gobble this up like a hungry zombie with a smorgasbord of entrails and amble away one satisfied little demon. I'm just stuck left with the leftover carnage.

No comments:

Post a Comment