Thursday, October 6, 2011

My Own Personal Nightmare Before Christmas


It all starts with one strand of garland, a piece of tinsel, a quiet "ho, ho, ho," one single jingle bell... and then it all snowballs into this gruesome scene.


Soon the Christmas bells will ring and choirs of Satanic children will be drowned out by the overpowering techno music blaring from the make up counter. My own personal nightmare (3 months) before Christmas. Completely ignoring the best holiday of all time- Halloween. It's only a matter of time before the normally ghoulish customers will be clocking in overtime. I already had one shriveled goblin tell me that she was going to "keel over by the time I finished typing in her coupon." I just smiled, told her I couldn't get the coupon to work and I'm not allowed to override them anymore, while silently adding "bitch" (a la- Jesse Pinkman). It would have been easy to manually take off $10 and it would have been "legal" since her purchase was $24.99 and it was a $10 off $25 coupon. It would have also been easy for her to be a little more patient and a little nicer to me. Lesson learned, bitch. (No, not really, but at least I got her to buy a $3 candy bar)

Soooo... anyone want to work with me?



(Enticing flyer complete with Comic Sans)


No comments:

Post a Comment