Thursday, January 13, 2011

Braaaains... oh, wait, they don't have any.


It finally happened. I got my wish. Well, one of them. And it certainly wasn't my first choice. Today the mall was empty enough that one could successfully reenact scenes from Dawn of the Dead. Well, sort of. I did want to shoot myself in the face a-la my former professor who did just that in the original movie. But, unfortunately, the store wasn't completely a ghost town since a few survivors of the zombie outbreak decided to flock to the mall... because that worked so well the first time. And in the remake. And by zombie apocalypse, I mean snow storm. And not really even a bad snow storm, just a light dusting in comparison to yesterday and snowmageddon of last year. Still, if I didn't have to go out in it, I certainly would not. I'm still partial to the notion that everything should just hibernate over the winter. However, a few people did feel the need to seek shelter in the comforting fluorescent lights and bad 90s music. Either that or the grocery store was completely wiped out and they began foraging in the mall for basic provisions. I'm pretty sure they were the hill people who had their own dog sled team. At least that's how they acted...

Last night, a woman was so confused because she got a text message sent to her phone and it gave her a coupon. Now, we do have the mobile barcodes, but they are much different than the codes that can only be used online. The one that she showed me was clearly an online one (because I have those memorized... God help me)... plus, she showed me a website. I tried to tell her, but she acted like I have no idea what I'm talking about... it's not like I'm stuck in that hellhole for most of my life or anything. Or have ever used a computer before. Turns out she was sent an email... not a text message. Big shocker.

Out of the handful of customers that I actually helped the past 2 days, about half of them asked for an extra 15% off. I guess they're giving out coupons for being a dumbass and going out during a winter weather advisory. I gave the coupons to a few who looked like they climbed right out of the movie Deliverance. For one I didn't want to squeal like a pig. And for another thing I thought maybe they did have an actual sled dog team and could possibly train my Siberian husky to pull me around on a lid to a garbage bin. Sadly, this was not the case and I think they just owned one of the many 4 wheel drive trucks in the parking lot. Not fair. I drive a '99 Cavy who is like a fat kid during the "extreme" weather conditions. I guess my car just takes after me. I'm considering pouring a cup of hot cocoa into the engine during the winter and dangling an ice cream cone in front of it over the summer. Maybe then he'll actually want to go up hills



What a lovely forecast. It is going to be snowing and in case you couldn't tell from the temperatures, "still cold." That means I get to come up with all kinds of activities to do while bored out of my mind and not doing anything remotely related to my job.... I will be looking for people to pretend to be zombies.



1 comment:

  1. It's 73 degree out in burbank... just saying. : ) But you should seriously teach keyta to pull you that would be awesome! Just watch out for buses or cars.

    ReplyDelete