Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Socializing problem? I thought only dogs and preschoolers got that.

So my manager called me into his office today to talk about my "socializing problem." Apparently I talk too much and this concerns him because it seems as if I'm not taking the job seriously. No offense, but I professionally fold and put away clothes while trying not to tear off the head of some idiot who can't find the fitting room. There's a loud, obnoxious bell that dings when people walk in or out... and they're either in a corner or directly in the center of the wall- are they really that hard to find? And I have to constantly put up with people insulting me- mostly my intelligence, but on occasion they will comment on my appearance or personality. However, most people do not have a right to comment on appearance because I usually attempt to wear modest and age appropriate clothing. Therefore, I have come to the conclusion that the majority of women are very easy to classify into groups. I know of two very prominent ones, probably because they stand out the most.

The first group is of course, the sluts. The current fashion for these gals is to appear as though they just wrapped filming the Jersey Shore... except on the Mon Wharf. They have either the incredibly bleach blonde damaged hair or the black rat's nest atop their head. Either way this woman likes to be tan- be it the natural leathery look or the I accidentally fell asleep in a washing machine full of orange highlighters. Sex-ay. Of course they wear minimal amounts of clothing. One time I even saw a girl strutting her stuff (and I mean all of her stuff) in a just slightly below the ass tunic shirt. Of course, slightly below the ass means that whenever she was walking her butt cheeks were hanging out. But who knows? Maybe I'm wrong and she's just budget conscious and decided that pants were not a necessity.

The second group of women slightly overlap the sluts, but sometimes in a slightly classier way. Call them cougars, but those are the cream of the crop when it comes to these broads. These women don't understand that every January another year goes by and they're slightly older. They're still partying like it's 1999... but in 1989. They love that the 80s are coming back with a vengeance. Gotta get those leggings and neon colored shirts... oh wait, they never got rid of their old ones. Example. A woman walked up to me and asked if the outfit she was holding would be appropriate for a 12 year old girl. It was a 3 piece set with black leggings, a bright teal tunic with a neon colored print, a solid color vest and necklace. I responded that it would be very cute because that to me is appropriate for a 12 year old nowadays. She then asked if I would wear it, to which I said no because I am 23 and I'm pretty sure I had the same outfit when I was five and would rather not relive those fashion disasters that I had no choice in. She then pulled out a matching outfit (different colors, but same concept) and responded she's buying that one for herself. I should have felt like an idiot, but I wasn't the one buying the outfit.

I'm sure I can come up with more in the upcoming days since, let's face it, I have nothing else better to do while I'm working.

No comments:

Post a Comment