Sunday, August 29, 2010

MCN: where the soul goes to die...and maybe your body too?

Screw "MC Nickels" and its germ infested midnight monster movie customers. Give me a stay in the Overlook Hotel with Jack Nicholson over that place any day. I swear the "MCN" customers try to kill you and not just you brain cells. Last year, while working in the lingerie department a customer called me a slut because I own a black bra (don't ask how that topic came about) then started coughing on me and muttered something about having the swine flu. And you must love the fact that this incident occurred on June 1st... which was my first full day without health insurance. Thank God I never got sick from her.

Then just last night I had a woman return a dress in an incredibly oily bag, the dress was covered in this greasy substance and the receipt was pretty much illegible because the ink was so smeared. I sucked it up and did my job as an awesome customer service associate and returned the dress, then tried to get the creature from the Black Lagoon away from be as quickly as possible. No such luck. After the transaction, she proceeded to dump the contents of her purse onto my counter and pick out all the garbage for me to throw away. For some reason she seemed to have a surplus of napkins at her dispense (probably because she's seeping more oil than a pelican in the Gulf... too soon?). She pondered the napkins and their existence for awhile then decided she wanted nothing to do with them and asked me to discard them. I'm sure she realized that it would be easier to take over human bodies without them (X-Files reference). She assured me they were clean... or at least they were until she picked one of them up, wiped her nose with it, threw it back down on my counter and then merrily trotted off into the night to terrorize more unsuspecting cashiers.

Dear God,

What have I done to deserve this? Especially since I am nice to these people... at least to their faces and then I can joke on their expense after they've left the store. Please send me another job that is at least slightly better than this one. I'd do anything for a career... but I won't do that.

Love and Meatloaf,
Jen

1 comment: