Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Can I get a tweet tweet?

So after a small detour, I return to the title of this blog. Just to update you, I still have not found a job in my field. I've tried. I actually got a response from Pixar... a rejection, but it was a response. I was excited by this until I was rejected the next day by "The Biggest Loser."...Really? The show with the title which perfectly describes me doesn't want me casting for them? I might as well stock up on some bacon and whore it up with the carbs and hope for a heart attack. I guess you know you're the ugly girl at the dance when the "biggest loser" doesn't even want you.

On the bright side though I did dream up a few more long shots for achieving occupational bliss (not to be taken like I'm going to become a hooker. Trust me, no one wants that). First, I am going to come up with cover letters that are 140 characters or less. That's right, I've been working on my twitter account (that sentence just depresses me). I've discovered in the world of "tweeting" it's very hard to sound snarky, witty and funny without sounding like a complete idiot...in 140 characters. I have posted a few statuses that aren't "Heeeeeyyyy goin' outside" (ten minutes later) "Itz so hotttt"... etcetera. My next step is to tweet celebrities begging for a job... in a witty way that could get me noticed... in 140 characters. It's a challenge, but I've accepted it. Unfortunately, this means instant writer's block. Hopefully after my day of rest, I'll get a spark of creativity. Twitter is very nerve-wracking though- there's a character countdown. There's so much pressure to fit all of my ramblings into one giant, run on sentence.

My second awesome attempt, but ridiculous long shot is to send Chelsea Handler a bottle of Belvedere (lemon flavored) with my resume taped around it and a letter that's not so much a cover letter, but just full of sarcastic comments. We have about the same sense of humor. Who knows? It just might work.

No comments:

Post a Comment