Thursday, September 2, 2010

Can we pretend that the Penn Dot workers are traffic cones? I could really hit them right now, hit them right now...

So I just had to change all of my posts about the retail establishment I currently work at to "MC Nickels" to protect the only source of income I have at the moment and I figured "Why not complain about Penn Dot for a bit?"

If anyone has driven the lovely Pennsylvania roads, you would know that it's basically like driving over a greasy teenager's face with all the bumps and pores. So what does the state use for the "zit zapping" creme so to speak? Penn Dot. These little fuckers are not very "Pro Active." In fact, I'm pretty sure they're against forms of activity whatsoever... unless' it's staring down at a hole in the road and wondering how exactly it got there. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe they're actually great philosophers on the great road of life and are pondering if the hole is in existence or if it's actually nonexistent since, well, it's a hole. I guess you have to do something with a philosophy degree, why not work for Penn Dot? (No, I'm not applying, I went for cinema and I get can get a film job, damnit!)

However, during rush hour on a rather busy back road is not the place to be "working" And if you do have to "work" at this time, please do not put the rookies directing traffic. Just because he has a mullet does mean he understands everything about manual labor or waving a flag. More than likely he will just sit there, stare at some cables and contemplate his heart, his achy breaky heart and how he just doesn't think it understands. Then apparently whenever he breaks out what could be: 1. a line dance move 2. swatting a fly away from his face or 3. The signal that traffic is supposed to start moving (because why would you use that silly red flag in your hand?) the confused PA driver is automatically supposed to assume that it is number 3 and continue on their way without getting yelled at. Oh, and continue on their way to ANOTHER detour... without a detour sign. Really? I mean, really? As my friend said (who I will not name unless she gives me permission) "I'm glad they're giving jobs to the mentally handicapped, but can they not be directing traffic?"... and playing on the road.

There are so many more stories regarding Penn Dot workers, but some are just too traumatizing to relive. But they say a picture is worth a thousand words so coming soon...

"Portraits of Penn Dot!"

4 comments:

  1. I pretty much hate PenDot. I want to make a certain hand signal every time I pass them. Seriously. My patience is wearing thin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think everyone does. Sometimes they do amuse me, just not today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the time I drove by and it was a great moment for a photo op with 20 guys sitting on a cement wall while the other guy stands on the other side of the road to get the shot. Have a mentioned I hate PenDot too? Glad they can remember that day...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate Penn Dot so much I moved out of state.

    ReplyDelete