Wednesday, September 1, 2010

A hostage situation never strikes twice... right?

Today some crazy anti-baby man held people hostage in the Discovery Channel building due to the surplus of baby shows on their networks. Now, I am no fan of screaming children myself, but I do not blame the Discovery Channel for promoting procreation... I mostly blame (in order) 1. stupidity and 2. Well, we need to keep the human race going... right? Case in point, "I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant" is STILL going strong with new women pooping babies into toilets. Yup, stupidity wins. Unfortunately for the second part, cloning has not been perfected and babies can't be completely made in factories. Well, they can be, but it would be old fashioned baby making not robots piecing together premade appendages to make a human being.

Aaaanyway, Mike Rowe was not injured so I don't see how this situation really pertains to me... oh, wait, I'm trying to break into the mass media field and at least one of those people probably quit their job or at least took a leave. So I'm being a horrible person trying to bank off of someone else's misfortune (to put it mildly) and am applying to the Discovery Channel. Isn't that what you have to be to be in the film/ television industry? And I'm not Jewish so that's one strike against me already. However, thanks to my Catholic school/ X-files upbringing I have turned into the sweet little innocent, yet conniving and cunning lady that I am today. But I do like animals (particularly sharks), dirty jobs (bow chicka wow wow), busting myths and winning cash in a cab so I'd fit in there. Plus the Discovery Channel building was located in Silver Springs, Maryland where my uncle used to live. Clearly it's a sign...


Speaking of signs, on Sunday's episode of Mad Men it is revealed that Don Draper became the womanizing ad guru he is (was?) by basically stalking Roger Sterling and pouring martinis down his throat till Roger gave into his debonair advances. I wonder how the writers of Mad Men will feel when I pull the same tactic on them. Don't plant ideas into my head if you are not prepared for the repercussions.


Dear Writers of Mad Men,

I got the secret message behind Sunday's show! Hold onto your Emmys, I'm on my way!

Love and a bucketful of martinis,
Jen

2 comments:

  1. This is so funny Jen. Very well written and it shows you're kinda... scary (but in a good way).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not Maryland... Los Angeles. The weather is so much better here. : )

    ReplyDelete