Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Call now for your psychic reading!

Move over, Miss Cleo, I'm about to join the Psychic Friends clubhouse. For realsies. I have not developed super observational skills like Shawn Spencer or that far too dramatic copy starring that smug Australian. (Really? Did you think that just because the clues don't glow means viewers won't recognize it's pretty much a carbon copy?)

You may remember a few weeks ago when my car decided that the train conducted by Denzel Washington and baby Captain Kirk wasn't going to be the only unstoppable vehicle in the Burgh. Well, the night before my car's brakes failed, I had a dream that I had to ride my bike to work because I didn't have a car. PREMONITION!

Well, the day after I had a dream that Danny Devito and Rhea Perlman tried to carjack me (in Pittsburgh... and a post apocalyptic one at that), but then a truck pulled up behind me and the big truck must have been mighty scary for these tiny people and they ran away. When I went to thank my saviors I discovered they were actually Cillian Murphy and Joseph Gordon-Levitt. An odd combination all around. I couldn't figure out the correlation between these people. Then I realized that both Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Cillian Murphy are both in the Christopher Nolan Batman trilogy. THEN it was rumored that Pittsburgh may be a shooting location for The Dark Knight Rises. PREMONITION?! Let's hope so.

The PA film tax credit has been renewed so let's see how this goes. I will give the soul of my future accidental baby to work on this film. I'd give my own, but I fear it may not be worth much any more and MC Nickels pretty much owns most of it anyway. I haven't gotten to work on any of the films that have been shot here yet, but who needs Russell Crowe throwing a phone at you anyway? Christian Bale, however, if he feels the need to toss a light or two around, I would be happy to be a target.... I was always good at dodgeball in elementary school. Clearly, it's meant to be. So I need to get my conniving little brain into overdrive and figure out how to weasel my way onto this set. I will Jean Claude Van Damme repel my way into it if I I have to. I am a woman nerd. Hear me roar. I will not be silenced until I can be the one to hand Christian Bale a cough drop after a take.



No comments:

Post a Comment