Friday, March 4, 2011

Fruit Wars Episode 2: Attack of the Cougars



God might have gotten to rest on the 7th day of creation, but I was still stuck in my own personal hell. On the last day of my seven day stretch, I can't hide how aggravated I am with people anymore or how depressed I am that I'm still stuck in that horrible place. Drinking before work doesn't help a lot and I fear if I continue, the thing filter between what I think and what I say will finally collapse. And that would not be a good thing... although I might be able to collect unemployment that way. Duh. Winning.

I even had to miss my senior citizen movie time due to being stuck in the hellhole. It's not even like I could be scheduled late so I could see the latest moving picture with some of the original hipsters at the early bird special. But, no. I had to spend the day with the angry old biddies. Like the one that came up to me questioning me about the $2.97 items vs. the $4.97 items. It's easy. Shirts are $2.97, pants and suit jackets are $4.97. A whole $2 more that a lot of people don't want to pay. Then she told me about how other stores had their coats at $20, but ours were still $30 or more. I'm glad that she toured the other hellhole department stores in the area, but I can't do anything about the prices in mine.

An update on the "Pineapple" line, which was supposed to bring the young hip cats into the store- or at least the America's Next Top Model (skinny edition) rejects. But the only people who seem to be interested in the clothes are our usual customers- the middle age, slightly overweight "fashionistas" who wear clashing patterns, shoes that would make Lady Gaga grimace and enough make up to make you question if she was actually born female. Now, there's a lady who is organizing a fashion show for "Pineapple" and had to exchange a size 2 pants for a size 6. The model who was supposed to wear them wore a size 2 in Express and New York & Co. I can't wait to see these wannabe cougars squeezing themselves into these clothes.





No comments:

Post a Comment